How many times have we thought about the ones serving at the borders so that we can go about our lives as if nothing is wrong? Rarely. Today, is that rare occasion.
“The safety, honour & welfare of your country comes first, always & every time. The honour, welfare & comfort of the men you command, come next. Your own ease, comfort & safety come last, always & every time”
That is the motto of the Indian Armed Forces and they have lived up to it every single time.
There are rarely any occasions when we, the citizens of India come face to face with the lives of the brave men and women at the border. While the quotes and sayings of famous personalities are shared very frequently on various groups,the men and women of the armed forces are rarely quoted.
If you want to make yourself useful, you can contribute to the kin of the martyrs through the ‘Bharat Ke Veer’ App. They laid down their lives for our protection.
This is why today, we are going to read these 10 quotes by our soldiers and remember them in our hearts with pride.
1. “It means you should have to fight & fight to win , there is no roof for the losers . If you lose don’t come back , you will have disgraced the country & the country won’t accept you ”
– Field Marshal Sam Maneckshaw
2. “Some goals are so worthy that it is glorious even to fail.”
– Captain Manoj Kumar Pandey
3. “If death strikes before I prove my blood I swear I’ll kill death.”
4. “ No sir I will not abandon my tank. My gun is still working and I will get these bastards.”
– Lieutenant Arun Kehtarpal
5. “Either I will come back hoisting the tricolour or I will come back wrapped in it but I will be back for sure.”
– Captain Vikram Batra
6. “You have never lived, until you have almost died, and for those who choose to fight, life has a special flavour, the protected will never know!”
– Captain R Subramanium
7. “The enemies are only 50 yards from us. We are heavily outnumbered. We are under devastating fire. I shall not withdraw an inch but will fight to our last man and our last round.”
– Major Somnath Sharma
8. “Quartered in snow, silent to remain. When the bugle calls, they shall rise and march again.”
– Anonymous, at the scroll of honor at the Siachen base camp.
9. “While you carry a purse, she carries a 65 lb rucksack. While you shop with your friends, she cleans her rifle with her battle buddies. When you wear heels, she wears her combat boots. Instead of the make-up that you wear on your face to make yourself look pretty, she paints her face for camouflage. While you kiss your husband goodbye for the day, she kisses hers goodbye for the year.”
– Indian Army Women Warriors
10. “Only the best of friends and worst of enemies visit us.”
– Indian Army