To feel depressed is a state of mind whereas depression is an illness that needs the attention of a competent psychologist or psychiatrist.
Depression is something that many of us deal with today. It is a world of stress, a world where there is a constant urge to do something strikingly amazing, a world where most of us are in some kind of invisible race that takes a toll on our lives.
Do not be ashamed of opening up to someone about how you are feeling. You need to know that is okay to feel depressed but what’s not okay is the fact that you keep it inside and let it break you. Talk today. These quotes will definitely help:
1. “Your depression is connected to your insolence and refusal to praise.”
2. “Action is the antidote to despair.”
– Joan Baez
3. “Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.”
– Ernest Hemingway
4. “Life begins on the other side of despair.”
– Jean-Paul Sartre
5. “Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy.”
– Matt Lucas
6. “To get rid of depression, I swim with dolphins”
– Patti Stanger
7. “You largely constructed your depression. It wasn’t given to you. Therefore you can deconstruct it.”
– Albert Ellis
8. “I don’t think anybody is continually happy, uh, except idiots you know. You know, you have to have little moments of depression.”
9. “Concern should drive into action not depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”
10. “Get away from the place that makes you comfortable with your depression. The reality is it’s never as bad as the insanity you’ve created in your head.”
– Ben Huh
All of these quotes have advices to offer. Did you notice the quote by Pythagoras? Imagine how old the concept of depression is! Millions of people have come out of depression. You can too.
Remember, you are not alone.