They say that our childhood is the golden period of our lives and once it is gone we can never live it again. Well, there is one way to live it again – through memories. Through this article we promise you just that!
Here are the 10 things that make our childhood really golden:
1. BEING WOKEN UP NOT BY THE ALARM, BUT BY OUR MOTHER’S LOVE
Mother’s love may include turning off the fan and opening the curtains, though! We never knew what an alarm was. In fact, we barely knew how to read the time on the clock!
2. DRINKING A GLASS OF MILK BEFORE GOING TO SCHOOL WHILE MAKING FACES
While some of us might have just fed that milk to our pets or poured down the drain but every morning we did make a cranky face on being given a glass of milk!
3. PLAYING AAO MEENA, SUPER SEENA OR CHIP CHOP CHIP! OR HOW ABOUT HAM-CHEESE-HAM BURGER?
Going to school never meant going to study – school meant fun. We kept playing the same games over and over again. Do you remember red hands? Of course you do!
4. PASSING CHITS AND MAKING FLYING ROCKETS IN CLASS!
Some tore pages from books and made airplanes to throw on the teachers, while others played hand-clapping games. Almost all of us are guilty of passing chits in class in a boring lecture, aren’t we?
5. EATING LAYS AND CHEETOS FOR THE SIMPLE GREED OF COLLECTING ‘TAAZOS’!
Well, swear to God that you didn’t spend your pocket money behind eating Lays and Cheetos only because you wanted to have the largest taazo collection?
6. WATCHING CRAZY CARTOON SHOWS ENDLESSLY – NEVER MISSING EVEN ONE!
It was an after-school routine. It was a sin to even miss one episode of Tom and Jerry or Dexter or Scooby Doo or Pokémon! Wasn’t it?
7. SPOILING OUR CLOTHES AND FACES WHILE EATING ICE CREAM AND CHOCOLATES!
Didn’t all of us get a scolding from our parents for literally making our clothes eat ice-cream and the chocolate? WE literally bathed in them, shamelessly!
8. BEING SCARED OF MONSTERS UNDER THE BED, OR PEOPLE IN BEARDS!
Mom’s had one weapon against us – the fear of ghosts, monsters and the people who would pack us into a gunny bag and take us away. It always worked!
9. THE PAIN OF DOING HOMEWORK – ESPECIALLY ART HOMEWORK!
Tell me the name of one kid who loved doing homework. But if we didn’t do our homework, how would we go to play? That is the real reason why we did it! Come on confess it!
10. LISTENING TO FAIRY TALES AND OTHER STORIES WHILE OUR ELDERS PUT US OFF TO SLEEP!
Wasn’t that the best sleep in the world? We often got lost in the world of knights and princesses and believed it all to be completely true!
If you like this article, don’t forget to share it!