When you chase, when you persevere, when you have plethora of work, adding little sweetness in your menu is very good. Dessert, be it any, is such an elixir!
Do you know that there is a constant fight going on between the positive and negative hormones in our body? To be fit and happy, it is necessary that your feel-good hormones win. Taking a bite of a dessert is one way to stimulate the release of positivity!
Also, making desserts is a kind of a meditation. Instead of buying sweet food from outlets and stores, make it yourself. You won’t even have to worry about time as these delicious desserts can be prepared in a jiffy!
Put your apron on! Ready to begin?
1) Berry Merry Chocolates
You love strawberries but you can only have them in winter! What do you do? You make my special ‘Berry Merry Chocolates’ and have them whenever, wherever you want. Let’s see the recipe:
1/2 tbsp butter
1/2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
4 tbsp strawberry puree
Red food colour
100 gm white chocolate
Swirled marble chocolates
1) In a non-stick pan, add 1/2 tbsp butter. When the butter melts, add honey and stir continuously on medium flame for about 1 minute.
2) Now, add strawberry puree and give it a stir until they merge well and get thick consistency. Add black pepper powder and mix it properly. Filling is ready. Transfer it immediately in a bowl. Let it come to room temperature.
3) Melt white chocolate in double boiler (you can create your own double boiler – use Google). Temper it well. Add in red color and get the desired tomato red chocolate. Stir continuously.
4) Now, make shells in chocolate mould, using white chocolate. Let it set in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
5) Once the shells set, pour some strawberry filling to each one and cover the remaining mould with melted chocolate. Set it in refrigerator for about an hour.
6) Take out the chocolates out of the mould and stick them properly on big swirled marble chocolates.
Berry Merry Chocolates are ready. Isn’t it a reason to be merry?
Tip: Canapes mould can also be used. It will make the chocolates look well-decorated instead of regular mould.
2) Fried Ice Cream:
Ice cream and it’s fried? Wowsome! It’s been in trend for more than two hundred years and is getting popular with time.
Milk as required
Oil for frying
Tinned pineapple slices,
1) Cut sides of the bread first.
2) Now, spread some milk on it.
3) Set ice-cream scoop properly on the bread.
4) Try to cover the bread from all the sides and make a bread ball.
5) Freeze it for about an hour.
6) Take a non-stick pan and pour in some oil for deep frying. Keep it on a medium flame.
7) Pull out the bread ball and fry it well.
8) Now, assemble pineapple slice in serving plate and sprinkle some tea masala over. Put fried ice cream and decorate with wafer roll.
Voila! Your lip-smacking dessert is ready!
3) Chocolate Basket
We always strive for uniqueness in life. Don’t we? That’s the proof of being lively. Right? This chocolate basket is one such dessert that will be quintessential also as gifting option. The characteristic of it is, everything is edible. How? Let’s see.
2 to 3 five-star chocolates
3 tbsp – pineapple jam
Dry fruits as per your choice
100 gm – melted white chocolate
Colorful vermicelli / star sprinkles
1) In a double boiler, melt white chocolate carefully. Give it a constant stir till it melts fully. Temper it.
2) Add in big pieces of dry fruits* (*I have added figs here) and coat well with white chocolate.
3) Set it in refrigerator for about an hour.
4) For the basket, make chocolate dough using five star chocolate. Knead it well and make basket using your hands. Let it set in refrigerator for half an hour.
5) Once the basket sets, pour in some pineapple jam and dry fruit chocolates. Decorate with star sprinkles and serve immediately.
Tip: You can use chocolate mould as shown in picture. The little white bottle is actually chocolate and inside it are roasted almonds.
Do tell us how your experience was in making these lovely desserts – did they satisfy your sweet tooth?