Laws in India can be used for you and against you. The Indian population needs to be aware of all the constitutional human rights they have. If someday you are blamed for breaking a law then at least these basic rights of yours can save and help you.
Know the rights so that you can fight for them:
1. No company in the country can fire a pregnant woman under any circumstances, depending on how big it is. Even if they do fire her which may have also happened in some places, then the person who fires the pregnant woman, after lodging a complaint he may be held punishable at a maximum of 3 years imprisonment.
2. Public Display of Affection (PDA) can have a heavy punishment. There are certain freedoms given as to what defines PDA, but there is a prison sentence of 3 months for misbehaving in public.
3. Live-in relationship is not illegal in the country. So yes bravely and proudly live with your partner because nor are you doing anything illegal or breaking the law. Before marrying obviously you would want to know right?
4. Women can anytime from anywhere lodge a complaint via an e-mail if she is not comfortable in visiting the police station. This formula should be promoted so no one will ever come into any kind of pressure at the time of complaining.
5. This is actually one of the trending ones in the urban cities, do not ever drink and drive. Yes, you are breaking the law and it is a punishable offence. If the police find that your blood contains more than 30mg of alcohol in your 100 ml of blood then you will be jailed and fined depending on the local laws. Please do not do this.
6. This is strictly for women – remember this every time. Nobody can arrest you before 6 in the morning or after 6 in the afternoon. In the middle hours yes you can be arrested if you are accused. You can refuse to go to the police station if no woman officer accompanies you.
How many of these laws did you know?
Preview Photo: cfo-india.com