On Rudyard Kipling’s birthday today, we revisit ‘The Jungle Book’ – one of the favourite classics among children and adults. Almost everyone loves Mowgli, Baloo, Bagheera and Shere Khan. Also, don’t we dread the hypnotic Kaa?
The Jungle Book was adapted for a movie innumerable times. The latest one was an animated film in 2016 and was released in two languages, Hindi and English. Om Puri, Priyanka Chopra and Irrfan Khan were some of the famous actors who lent their voices for the movie which was loved by the audience.
These five quotes from The Jungle Book of the animal world are actually life lessons for us humans.
1. “Now, don’t be angry after you’ve been afraid. That’s the worst kind of cowardice.”
Relatable? We find it really hard to accept that we were scared to do something right. How do we fight those who are trying to make us realise? By getting angry at them. That really is the worst kind of cowardice.
2. “For the Strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”
Exactly how it works in our world. Our strength is in our unity and there is no unity without us. It is exactly like the fist example – a fist can do things which one finger cannot.
3. “I am more likely to give help than to ask it”—Bagheera stretched out one paw and admired the steel-blue, ripping-chisel talons at the end of it—”still I should like to know.”
Everyone is chasing a goal, fighting obstacles every day to achieve dreams or sometimes, simply for two meals a day. There are times when we burn out and simply can’t go on. That is when we should let go of our pride and ask for help. There is nothing wrong with it. In fact, it will make you feel better.
4. “Otherwise, he would be far away in the jungle; tasting, touching, seeing, and feeling new things.”
Have you wondered sometimes where would you be if not here? What if you were pursuing something that appeals your heart? Experiencing new things is what keeps us alive. It is necessary to break away from the routine every now and then – and rediscover yourself.
5. “A brave heart and a courteous tongue”, said he. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, Manling.”
What’s our jungle? Life. Taking leaps requires bravery – a brave heart. A polite tongue will get you places where a rude one won’t. These two things are more than enough to sail through the storm and come out alive.
What are your favourite quotes from The Jungle Book?
Preview Photo: animatedspirit.com