Mahendra Singh Dhoni is one of the best cricketers in the world. Dhoni captained the Indian team, and is a right-handed attacker batsman and wicket keeper. During the captaincy of Dhoni, team India had reached to another level, securing and maintaining a constant no. 1 to no. 3 position.
Dhoni has been able to make all the players of the Indian cricket time see their potential during the time of captaincy. Dhoni is known as the best finisher and the fastest stumpings are done by him.
Here are some interesting facts about Dhoni which only a few people know:
1) Dhoni’s favourite helicopter shot, which the world dies to see- when he strikes the ball out of the stadium is his trademark style. MS Dhoni has learnt the helicopter shot from his former Jharkhand cricketer friend, Santosh Lal.
2) In the year of 2007 in November, MS Dhoni and team were playing opposite Pakistan in Kolkata’s Eden garden stadium. This is when for the first time he met his wife Sakshi.
3) M.S. Dhoni is a die hard foodie but due to the diet strictness which the cricketers have to follow to maintain their regime and diet. Dhoni has told many times in interviews that he finds it very difficult to live without chicken and hot chocolate fudge.
4) M.S. Dhoni is the only Indian cricketer after Kapil Dev to receive a honorary rank in the defence forces. In the year of 2011, on November 1, the Indian Army gave the title of Lieutenant Colonel to Dhoni.
5) The great master blaster Sachin Tendulkar recommended the name of MS Dhoni in the captaincy post of the Indian cricket team. No one exactly knew why back then, but now the entire world has seen Sachin’s recommendation was perfect.
If you liked this article, don’t forget to share it!