In this digital era – Facebook has become an inseparable part of our lives. And just like any other thing that has become a habit, we all do some common things repeatedly. Find out if you too have the Facebook bug!
These days, most of us click pictures only to upload them on Facebook later. Show off? Need for love? Want a platform to showcase talent? Whatever be our reasons Facebook has become a virtual identity which may or many not show the real state of our lives.
Most of us would plead guilty to these seven things listed below. We just can’t resist doing these can we?
1. Update your profile picture and keep re-checking for likes and comments desperately.
Yes, yes we all do that to check our popularity.
2. Endlessly scroll the news feed, stopping rarely at a post – without any reason!
Because if you are bored – you have to turn to Facebook!
3. Think that Facebook is a waste of time and log out only to log in again 10 minutes later!
Gossip is the most important part of our lives – we have to take a peek into others’ lives.
4. Stalking! We stalk our ex, our ex-friends only to curse ourselves later!
We just have to see how they are doing in their lives while some of us secretly hope to see them sad – and then end up becoming sad when you see them enjoying (atleast on facebook!)
5. Get jealous of the ones who travel and think that your life is such a waste! Then check-in at a railway station only if you are going to your grandmother’s place!
Hum bhi travel karte hai – in style, so what if we cannot afford a Roman Holiday yet,eh?
6. Post silly things like, I am hungry on Facebook – my dear, Facebook is not a chef, it won’t send a free pizza at your place. Call Pizza Hut instead?
Yeah – attention seeking?
7. Tag 40-50 people in our posts just to get more likes. (We don’t know half of these people, do we? And they don’t care. There is something called timeline review bud.)
Because, marketing is inbuilt in everyone’s blood?
8. Keep tagging our friends in posts and memes that relate to them, just to shower some loveee – while we won’t message them for days!
Guilty. Guilty. We all do that, all the time!
9. Religiously like (even comment) on each and every post of our friends, lovers and family. Loyalty, boss!
We have to show loyalty in the virtual world too – how else will they like our posts back otherwise?
While having some fun and acting ‘human’ isn’t wrong – getting addicted to the virtual world is. It may have terrible consequences on your mental health. Remember – no one has a perfect life and what you see on Facebook is what people choose to show.