Miami is a city in the southern part of United States of America. It is a major port city. Miami lies on the Atlantic coast of South Florida and is the eighth most populous city in USA with around a population of 5.5 million. The city, is one of the cleanest cities in America.
The nicknames of Miami are the ‘Magic City’ and the ‘Capital of the Latin America’ and is a major tourism that you might want to visit next. The popular destination has the best cruises in the world.
Interesting and unknown facts about the port city:
1) The coastal city boasts of the best nightclubs in the world. The Art Deco nightclub district in South Beach is very famous. Give it a try!
2) Miami city’s western half comprises of the most extensive wilderness preserves – in the Everglades National Park. The flora and fauna in the national park is very scenic.
3) Historically inclined tourists who are in the search of art museums, Miami has Villa Vizcaya which is an Italian Renaissance style palazzo built by industrialist James Deering. There is also Lowe Art Museum on the campus of the University of Miami. One could also visit Holbrook Antique Arms and Gun Museum.
4) Miami, the major port city, is often known as the cruise capital in the world and it serves around 5 million passengers annually.
5) The city has many man-made beaches. Miami is engulfed with beautiful white sand beaches. In the whole USA, Miami also has the best skiing clubs.
6) The invention of the city Miami was done by a woman named Julia Tuttle, who is known as the Mother of the Miami. This is the only major city in the US to be incorporated by a woman.
7) Miami in the world is the only city which is holding most of its infrastructure, style of the buildings in the Art Deco style which has the long form of – 1925 Paris Exposition Internationale des Artes Decoratifs et Industriels Modernes style. After the hurricane of 1926 that razed the city, the new building stlye was majorly Art Deco.