Deepika Padukone is one of the best actresses of Bollywood and also one of the higest paid ones. Padukone has won several accolades and awards due to her acting skills and given various amazing performances.
Here are some facts about her, which only a few people are aware about:
1) Deepika Padukone is the daughter of famous Badminton player Prakash Padukone. Deepika herself is a national level badminton player, and also she is a state level basketball player.
2) Deepika was to make a film debut in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya, opposite Ranbir Kapoor, but instead she was replaced with Sonam Kapoor. But destiny has its own timing as she bagged a role in Om Shanti Om, opposite SRK. Both the movies released at the same date, and the latter one was a massive hit.
3) Deepika Padukone has the capability of getting inside the skin of the character. Padukone, while shooting for the movie Chandni Chowk to China, mastered a Japanese Martial Art form Jujutsu, and performed all the stunts herself.
4) Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh, after acting along in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Ram Leela, are dating each other and none of them has made this official so far however there is always a buzz on the internet about their relationship.
5) Deepika Padukone is related to the legendary and famous film maker and actor Guru Dutt. Guru Dutt’s real name is Vasanth Padukone.
6) Deepika Padukone is an Indian citizen but she was not born in India. Padukone was born in Denmark’s Copenhagen and when she was 11 months old she was brought to India in Bengaluru.
7) Deepika Padukone’s first break in Bollywood was in a music video by music director Himesh Reshammiya. The video was titled Naam Hai Tera Tera.
Did you know all of these facts? Do share the article!
Photos: The Indian Express