‘Friends’ is an American sit-com that aired for 10 years from 1994-2004. However, it’s popularity is neither limited to America nor limited to that decade!
The characters of Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, Ross, Joey and Chandler are unforgettable. Not to mention Janice’s hilarious laughter. The 10 seasons of ‘Friends’ are watched even today and are among the most favourite sit-coms ever. Here are seven dialogues from friends that we cannot forget. They can make one laugh all these years later!
1. It’s a moo point. It’s like a cow’s opinion; it doesn’t matter. It’s moo.” – Joey
Well someone’s got to tell Joey that a cow matters a lot in India! For Joey, this is how he wins an argument! And he does not share his food!
2. “Ross: You know how you come home at the end of the day and throw your jacket on a chair?
Ross: Well, instead of a jacket, it’s a pile of garbage. And instead of a chair, it’s a pile of garbage. And instead of the end of the day, it’s the end of time and garbage is all that has survived.”
That’s how the stressed human being feels on a Monday, at the end of the day – when he has to go to work on a holiday, in the heat – in fact, at anytime when he is burned out. It’s all a pile of garbage!
3. “Isn’t that just kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic?” – Rachel
That is how Rachel exclaims here excitement about something that is supremely, extremely fantastic. For lack of better words, we are sure.
4. Joey: Hey, Ross, I got a science question: If the homo sapiens were, in fact, HOMO sapiens…is that why they’re extinct?”
Ross: Joey, homo sapiens are PEOPLE.
Joey: Hey, I’m not judgin’!
Well, enough said! Hahaha! You’ve been bamboozled!
5. “She’s your lobster!” – Phoebe
What better way to say that ‘she is the person you love’? Phoebe is surely the most creative of all characters in the show. We do miss her guitar tunes! (Not literally!) This is brand new information!
6. Ross: Chandler. I sensed it was you.
Ross: ‘Unagi.’ I’m always aware.
Chandler: Are you aware that unagi is an eel?
That is Ross’ failed attempt at enlightenment. He thinks ‘Unagi’ can be used like ‘Yoga, Meditation’. Well, even Chandler cannot come to his rescue.
7. “Welcome to the real world. It sucks. You’re gonna love it.” – Monica
Only Monica could bundle up so many contradictions in one line. But that’s how most of us feel, don’t we? We love the world, yet we hate it!
We hope we made you relive a bit of ‘Friends’ through this post! Don’t forget to share! “I’ll be there for you…”