All you need to know about heritage resort in Italy’s Tuscany which was the marriage venue for Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma. Do you also want to have a dreamy wedding? Here is all you need to know about Borgo Finocchieto and Tuscany:
1. This is a marriage venue and it is a village owned by the US ambassador to Italy, John Phillips who purchased this property in 2001.
2. The name of the luxury resort is Borgo Finocchieto which is a heritage property and not everyone can afford a wedding over here. The resort is 700 years old and lies in the hills of Tuscany.
3. Tuscany is the city which is packed beautiful scenic scenery, has historical architecture and one of the oldest and with ravishing vineyards. Tuscany is the birthplace of the Italian language.
4. This resort was renovated for 8 years, yes you heard it right – we get the best things in 8 months but this place was modernized for 8 years! Just imagine!
5. The wedding of Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma was a very private one. The reason being, Borgo Finocchieto resort has only five villas, 22 rooms with a capacity of 44 people.
6. Tuscany is situated at a time of 4 to 5 hours away from the beautiful city of Milan, this is the whole catch of the place as there is only peace in the air of the resort. The property has facilities such as a swimming pool, tennis courts, spa etc.
7. In the month of December this resort is the second costliest resort in the whole world. The rates fluctuate between ₹6,50,000 to 14,00,000 per night. Approximately a week’s stay at the serene resort will cost you around 1 crore in the Indian currency.
If you still want to host your wedding here, visit their website : Borgo Finnochieto.
Photos : borgofinocchieto.com