Thomso is the annual cultural festival of Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, which has also been recognized as the “Annual Youth Festival of Uttarakhand”. Regarded as one of the greatest and the grandest youth festivals of India, Thomso is a three-day cultural extravaganza celebrating youth and its fervour. The 35thedition of Thomso is scheduled to be organized this year from Oct 27 to Oct 29. With the theme being “A Magical Fantasia”, Thomso’17 will be surrounded by mystical settings and fanatical aura.
The previous editions of the festivals have witnessed some eminent personalities such as Sunidhi Chauhan, Nikhil D Souza, DJ Marnik, Raghu Dixit Project, Farhan Akhtar, KK, Mohit Chauhan, Sonu Nigam, Shaan, Indian Ocean, Parikrama, Jal – The Band, Benea Reach, Manan Sachdeva and many more.
To witness –
- 40,000+ people.
- Participation from 800+ colleges.
- 3 Pronites. (Celebs like Farhan Akhtar, Sunidhi Chauhan perform in Pronites)
- 150+ Events.
- 72 hours of Mysticism.
- Log on to thomso.in
- To know more about Thomso, read further.
This year Thomso will be graced by the presence of Farhan Akhtar, very well-renowned film actor, great vocalist, director, producer and top models such as Pranati Rai Prakash and Pankhuri Gidwani and well-known radio jockeys like RJ Naved and RJ Devangana.
Thomso organises various events in the genres of music, dance, dramatics, fashion, literature and marketing and finance. To list a few-
- Battle of Band, M.J.G.F. and Sargam- The three events of the music section that will move the audiences and will strike a chord with them.
- Footloose, StepUp and Flash Mob- Some astounding dance performances in these events organised under the choreo section will certainly impress you.
- Campus Diva, Vogue, Mr & Ms Thomso- Events under the fashion section that will leave you awestruck and mesmerized.
- Literati, Spin-A-Yarn, Open Mic, Slam Poetry- The plethora of events under the literary section for those who are passionate about literature.
- Auction Frenzy, Corporate, Mark sense- Organised under the marketing and finance section, these events will deal with financial knowledge and economic awareness.So, if the magnificence and splendour of Thomso captivated you, then register yourself soon at our website www.thomso.in/register and be a part of one of the largest college festivals of the country.For more details, contact:
Yashwant – 7409006288, Mayank – 9588875735