Once the world’s heaviest woman, Eman Ahmed passed away in Abu Dhabi early morning at 4:35 today due to complications due to underlying health conditions.
Cocktail Zindagi Network
Eman Ahmed, the Egyptian who underwent extensive treatment in Mumbai’s Saifee Hospital and was then shifted to Abu Dhabi passed away at 4:35 today at Burjeel Hospital.
In a statement the hospital said that she passed away due to ‘underlying comorbid conditions including heart disease and kidney disfunction’.
Here are 6 things that outline the journey of her life:
1. Eman Ahmed Abd El Aty weighed about 5 kg when she was born and by the time she was 11 she gained a lot of weight. It is due to her weight gain that she had to crawl instead of walk in her childhood days. She had to stop school due to a thyroid problem.
2. She is a citizen of Alexandria, Egypt. And was around 36 years old.
3. In 2014, she had a stroke that deprived her of all mobility and made her bed-ridden. She was also paralysed. In 2016 she was diagnosed with multiple diseases that worsened her condition. It was after this that her sister, Shaimaa started an online campaign which caught the attention of Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala.
4. In February 2017, she travelled to India for treatment at Mumbai’s Saifee Hospital. A team of doctors headed by Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala, performed bariatric surgery on her. She had lost a lot of weight due to the medical assistance she received in India. She lost about 325kgs when she left Mumbai for Abu Dhabi on May 5, 2017, as her sister complaint that she was not being taken care of.
5. In Abu Dhabi’s Burjeel Hospital, a team of 20 doctors took care of her various conditions. She passed away today, that is on September 25, 2017 and 4:35 a.m. The deputy medical director at Burjeel hospital said that it was sudden and they were all in shock.