Someone said it right, truth is stranger than fiction. These facts, prove just that. You will be dumbfounded after learning this!
Cocktail Zindagi Network
Ever heard of blue-skinned people or bizarre red water falls? These strange facts will give you not only good fun but also an interesting topic to talk about when you meet your friends the next time!
Here are our five interesting facts:
1. SPEAKING OF LETTERS OF POSTBOXES, THE WORLD’S DEEPEST POSTBOX IS 10 METRES UNDERWATER IN SUSAMI BAY JAPAN!
Why would someone build a post-box that is under the water? To drive attention towards Susami Bay. In 1999 this postbox was installed. Over 32,000 letters and other mail has been posted through this box!
2. THE EIFFEL TOWER IS AN ANTI-SUNFLOWER! DIDN’T GET IT? THE EIFFEL TOWER LEANS AWAY FROM THE SUN WHEN THE METAL EXPANDS. IT CAN LEAN AWAY AS MUCH AS 7 INCHES!
It is basic physics to know that the metal expands on heating – we have all learnt that in school.
3. THE HASKELL FREE OPERAHOUSE, HAS ITS STAGE IN ONE COUNTRY AND HALF THE AUDIENCE IN ANOTHER. IT IS LOCATED ON THE US-CANADA BORDER!
How crazy is that? But it is an effort to promote inter-country ties through the medium of music. When you think of it like that, it is ingenious!
4. EVER HEARD ABOUT AN EPIDEMIC OF LAUGHTER? IT HAPPENED IN TANZANIA IN 1962! IT LASTED FOR A YEAR, AFFECTED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AND HAD SIDE EFFECTS TOO!
5. KATE AND AMY ELLIOT WERE TWINS WHO WERE BORN 87 DAYS APART! THEIR MOTHER GAVE BIRTH TO AMY PREMATURELY, KATE WAS BORN LATER. THEY HOLD A RECORD IN THE GUINESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS!
Twins are usually born a few seconds or a few minutes apart. But these twins who hold the World Record were born almost 3 months apart. If it wasn’t for one premature delivery, we never would have believed it!
If you like the article please share! Keep watching this space for more!
GIF : giphy.com