Photo: All About Eve India
Jazz – the beautiful music we all know but only a few love it. If you are a Jazz lover or have never listened to Jazz, then these 5 songs are for you!
Cocktail Zindagi Network
One of the best kinds of music is Jazz. So who invented Jazz? As per New Orleans Online, ‘Some will say that Jazz was born in 1895, when Buddy Bolden started his first band. Others will say 1917, when Nick LaRocca and his Original Dixieland Jazz Band recorded the first Jazz record, “Livery Stable Blues.’
Buddy Bolden is considered to be the father of Jazz music.
The music has distinct characteristics of swing and blue notes with call and responsive vocals, having its roots in Western Africa, in African-American music like blues and regimes and in European military band music.
Let’s give an ode to the beautiful Jazz music and listen to some of the best artists of all time! Enjoy!
1. THE CLASSIC ‘WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD’ BY JAZZ ARMSTRONG
2. ‘THE SOOTHING ‘STRANGE FRUIT’ BY BILLE HOLIDAY
3. ‘I’M BEGINNING TO SEE THE LIGHT’ BY THE LOVELY ELLA FITZGERALD
4. THE JOYOUS ‘BIRDLAND’ BY MANHATTAN TRANSFER
5. MILES DAVIS’S ‘I FELL IN LOVE TOO EASILY’
6. ‘LULLABY OF BIRDLAND’ BY SARAH VAUGHAN
How did you like these tracks? Tell us which are your favourites! Groooove!