Roald Dahl has become everyone’s favourite author. His books like Matilda, BFG, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory are made into major motion pictures.
Cocktail Zindagi Network
It is author Roald Dahl’s birthday today. The bookworms have already heard and read this famous author who has given us beautiful works that are tales of love, happiness and magic. For those who haven’t read Dahl, here are 6 quotes quotes from some of his work which will make you want to read him.
He is a British author whose books have sold over 250 million copies worldwide. His first book, the Gremlins was published in 1943.
Today is his 101 birthday – as he lives even after his death amongst us through his books.
1. “Well, maybe it started that way. As a dream, but doesn’t everything. Those buildings. These lights. This whole city. Somebody had to dream about it first. And maybe that is what I did. I dreamed about coming here, but then I did it.”
– James and The Giant Peach
2. “A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men.”
– Charlie And The Great Glass Elevator
3. “There was one another thing that the grown-ups also knew, and it was this : that however small the chance might be of striking lucky, the chance is there. The chance had to be there.”
– Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
4. “You can fake a mouth-smile any time you want, simply by moving your lips. I’ve also learned that a real mouth-smile always has an eye-smile to go with it. So watch out, I say, when someone smiles at you but his eyes stay the same. It’s sure to be a phony.”
– Danny the Champion of the World
5. “”So Matilda’s strong young mind continued to grow, nurtured by the voices of all those authors who had sent their books out into the world like ships on the sea. These books gave Matilda a hopeful and comforting message: You are not alone.”
6. “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
– The Minpins
7. “Meanings is not important, said the BFG. ‘I cannot be right all the time. Quite often I is left instead of right.'”
– The BFG
8. “I understand what you’re saying, and your comments are valuable, but I’m gonna ignore your advice.”
– Fantastic Mr. Fox
Happy Birthday Roald Dahl!