Virat Kohli is one of the best cricketers currently in the world. In a short span of time he has achieved remarkable success because of his strong batting. Kohli has almost never let the country down and as per the statistics he’s been a great performer, pressure handler and finisher.
Virat Kohli has worked hard to deserve the title he holds and right now – of the captain of the Indian cricket team, taking over after Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Here are some facts about him which surely every one who watches cricket needs to know:
1) When Virat Kohli joined the Delhi Ranji Team, former Delhi coach Ajit Chaudhary gave him the name Cheeku. Virat is Cheeku now in the dressing roam.
2) Virat Kohli is a person who never looses hopes, and especially never gives up. This is a shattering incident of year 2006, when Kohli was playing a Ranji trophy match against Karnataka, when his father passed away. The next day Virat batted and scored 90 runs.
3) Virat Kohli had once revealed that he had a big crush on Karishma Kapoor.
4) In the 2011 World Cup, Virat opened against Bangladesh, becoming the first and only Indian to score a century on the World Cup debut.
5) He has scored the fastest century by an Indian in ODIs, against Australia, in just 52 balls in the year of 2013.
6) Virat Kohli was the captain of the Under-19 team for the Under-19 World Cup in 2008.
7) He has been rated by the SportsPro as the 13th most remarkable sportsperson in the world. This list also includes Cristiano Ronaldo and Usain Bolt.
8) In 2012, Virat Kohli was named as the 10th best dressed international man in a list which also includes US President Barack Obama.
9) Virat Kohli has been honoured with Arjuna Award in the year of 2013 by India’s former President Pranab Mukherjee.
Did you know all these things about a cricket-crazy country’s men’s cricket team captain?