Kings Norton city, Birmingham, 2013
A toxic bug bit a three-year-old girl, Connie. Her mother Hayley Williams took it lightly and thought it would heal in 2 or 3 days. But, it did not heal for many days. Hayley became worried. She consulted a local doctor.
Doctor asked them to get some blood tests done. After the reports of the test came, they were all shocked. The reports stated Connie was suffering from leukaemia (blood cancer)!
She immediately consulted an oncologist. The oncologist checked the blood reports and said, “Thank God!” Hayley looked at him strangely, and before she could say anything the oncologist informed her that fortunately, Connie’s cancer was in its first stage and curable. But, the medication period could take a long time of 2 to 3 years.
He started Connie’s treatment. Connie was getting better. She became bald because of cancer. But, Hayley was happy to see her child safe.
When the bug bit Connie, Hayley thought “What wrong has my three-year-old daughter done that she is suffering from leukaemia?” But, after this incident, she took the bug-bite as an indication from God to save her child. Only because of that bug-bite she got to know Connie had leukaemia. She understood that sometimes life takes a wrong turn to get to the right place…as, without the wrong turn of the bug-bite that did not heal, Connie would have died!
Sometimes life takes a wrong turn to take us to the right place…